Let your table take you places. Apply for an Acting Up Award starting May 9.
Each year following On the Table, The Chicago Community Trust hears from excited and passionate community members about the conversations they had and the ways they want to make a difference on a local level. Since 2016, through the Acting Up awards, the Trust has distributed $195,500 to help more than 130 creative ideas come to fruition. Projects big and small have made a real difference in communities across the region. This year, with support from sponsors, $150,000 in awards will be made. After you meet around your table, share your ideas with us in a video and then let us help you create change in your community.
Here’s How It Works:
During your On the Table 2018 conversation, think about an actionable idea that you would like to implement to benefit your community. As an individual, with others from your conversation or as an organization, submit a short video describing your idea. It could be anything from hosting a neighborhood block party or creating a community bike share program to developing a youth leadership program or planning events for a local senior center – where will your table take you?
This year, the Trust will be giving away more than $150,000 in the amounts of $1,500, $2,500 and $5,000 – to help encourage people to work together and take action for the public good.
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
- Make sure you registered to participate in On the Table on Tuesday, May 8.
- Participate in one or more On the Table conversations.
- Get fully informed by downloading the Acting Up awards fact sheet and reading the official Rules and Guidelines; you also can learn about the past award winners’ projects here.
- Create a short video (no more than two minutes) explaining your idea, how it would work and its potential impact. Your video can be filmed quickly with your phone, without fancy production. See our helpful hints for more information.
- Starting on May 9 and through June 1, upload your video to YouTube and submit your application(no entries submitted after 11:59 p.m. on June 1 will be considered).
The Acting Up awards are generously supported by